Bmore's Thoughts

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Raising Lunatics

So I mention before that I think that world has gone mad. Well here is yet another story about a person that has lost his every loving mind. Charles Carl Roberts IV walked into an Amish school Monday and took several Amish girls hostage. He killed 5 and injured several others and then took his own life. Leaving a suicide note saying something to the affect that he was righting some wrong that occurred 20 years ago. News reports today ay that the wrong he was correcting was that he had molested minor family members and he feared he would again.

Okay my question is why the hell did he kill these sweet innocent little girls? He is the lunatic, he is the one that did something unthinkable. Why do these innocent children and their families have to be punished for his bad actions? I just don’t get it. The Amish are quiet, simple, people (for the most part) what could they have possible done to deserve this punishment.

I am not saying that Charles should have just killed himself and spared others. It just concerns me that it seems that we as a whole are raising lunatics. I don’t have any children myself but from what I have witnessed it seems like children are not being held accountable for their actions. And the lunatics are getting younger and younger, and more violent. And it’s affecting all communities, cultures, and races, as this latest incident is a good example of.

Which leads me to another thought. I wonder if we will ever get the answer to questions like these and others. Like what really happened to JonBenet Ramsey? Did OJ really have his wife killed? Does Michael Jackson really have a thing for little boys are is he just misunderstood? What makes a man want to kill innocent children? What makes grown women what to have sex with teenage boys? How can a mother kill her own children? When we get to heaven (if we are so lucky/blessed) will we still have these questions or will we be just so happy to be there that nothing else will matter?


Stepping off my soap box.

2 Comments:

Blogger Avin said...

I was JUST saying this last night. The whole world has gone nuts, and its like nothing can stop it. I am tired of watching the news because of this nonsense. I suggested to "the boyfriend" that the punishments arent terrible enough to keep folks on the straight and narrow. I figure if you implement torture, a whole lot of this nonsense will come to a screeching halt.

3:12 PM  
Blogger bmorecutie said...

Me and The Thing suggested "stoning" be allowed again. Family members and victoms get to stone the accused to they can't throw any more.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home