Bmore's Thoughts

Friday, October 06, 2006

Loud Mouth Co-workers

Most days I like them and even go out of my way to help some. But today I would like for them all to shut the hell up. The cubical next to me used to be empty (how I miss those days), but now I have the loudest, inconsiderate, sickly person sitting next to me. And a few more cubes up there is another person that is older but equally as loud. So just imagine when they get together to see who can out sick the other how loud they are. I am pretty sure they don’t realize most times that they are loud considering the sickness in one and the age of the other. But damn it if I ask you to lower your voice so I can record my voice mail message you would think they would tone it down a few notches. But no I repeat myself several times like I am talking to some children and still no change.

The one that sits next to me is suppose to be eating healthier per doctors request. This is a serious issue so you would think she would try harder to not eat at McDonalds every morning and grab some oatmeal or something instead. Well it doesn’t seem like she is trying at all to me. But the older loud mouth makes sure we all know what she eats, when she eats, and why she shouldn’t eat it. I am getting real tired of this daily routine. If she doesn’t care about watching her health why should I or anyone else care more about it? Secondly way does the whole office need to be concerned about her eating habits? Another thing she does that annoys me to no end – she sucks her teeth. Right after anything she eats she is sucking her teeth to get the food out or something. I am sitting here like damn you just had some yogurt what the hell could possible be stuck in your teeth and why does it take 20 minutes to get it out. Maybe for Christmas I will buy her a toothbrush.

I am not really a morning person but usually by the time I drive to work I am willing to talk to people. Unfortunately most of my co-workers are happy, chipper, talkative people. Some days I wish I had a roof and a door on my cubical so I can politely ignore them when they come to talk to me. Maybe in our new building my request will be taken into consideration. One thing I know for sure the loud mouth next to me will not be sitting in my department in the new building. That’s something to look forward too.


I really do like them most days but today is not one of those days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Avin said...

Good lord I remember those days. Hopefully my promotion comes with a damn office, cause cubicial life is stressful.

10:21 AM  
Blogger 44Black said...

Teeth sucking is a sign of wisdom in some countries.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home