Bmore's Thoughts

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hyperventilate

Remember that episode of Sex in The City when Carrie and Miranda went to try on wedding dresses just to have a good laugh. And when Carrie put on her dress she started to freak out and broke out into a rash. Well let me tell you about my moment.

Over the weekend I had my first dress fitting in which my mother attended with me. And she has some strong feelings about the more tradition style wedding dresses. Like she wanted me to have a pure white dress but my actual dress is Candlelight White, which she is now okay with. But the other thing that she wanted was for me to have a veil with a blusher (which is that part the comes over your face). I already knew I didn’t want that mainly because I am a bit clumsy and I don’t want anything obstructing my view.

Once I had my dress on my friend Russian dressmaker helped me try on veils. I quickly say I just want a single tiered veil and my mother more quickly says well at least try the other one with the blusher on. No soon did they pull the veil over my face did I start to freak out a wee bit. Next thing I hear my mother saying is get it off of her she is shaking. I had not noticed till they took it off but my hands where shaking and I was hot as hell.

Now I am not saying I have a fear of getting married but I am saying I don’t like feeling so confined behind that veil. I don’t care if it’s just netting. I don’t like it one bit. We did find a beautiful alternative that is perfect for me and makes mom pretty happy also.


192 days to go!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home