Bmore's Thoughts

Monday, January 29, 2007

Goiter

Isn’t that such an ugly word? The first thing I think about when I hear the word Goiter is that Seinfeld episode where Elaine was helping some old lady. All she had to do was go over and visit with her for a few hours spend some time with her. But the women had a goiter “the size of a football” (I believe is how it was described) growing from her neck. It was so hideous that Elaine could hardly look at the women.

So I have a large Thyroid and this came up last year at my physical. Doctor order blood work and everything came back fine. So I went back last week for something un related to my neck area and this time she is wanted to take a closer look at my thyroid so she recommended having an ultrasound done. The nice lady that performs the easy procedure said to me “the doctor will review your goiter and call your doctor with his report”. I almost started crying right there. I don’t want a football size lump growing from my neck. No wedding dress in the world can hind that deformity.


God Help Me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home