Bmore's Thoughts

Monday, March 05, 2007

Monster-in-Law

Have you seen the movie? Well I have watched it a couple of times and I plan to go and buy it today. For those that have not seen it here is a brief description – Jennifer Lopez’s character meets a guy and they move in together and decide to get married all in a pretty short amount of time in HIS mothers opinion. So all throughout the movie the mother of the groom is doing stuff to try and sabotage their relationship. J-Lo character started to daydream about ways of getting back at her mother-in-law. Once she thought of slamming the mother-in-law’s face into a cake or smacking her in the face with a cast iron skillet and even smacking her across the face when she showed up at the wedding in a white dress trying to up stage the bride.

So I have decided this movie is going to become my new theme movie. I want it to serve has my way of release. Why do I need to release you ask? Because I am about to inherit a monster-in-law. Instead of me getting mad and chocking her, I will pop my DVD in and laugh my ass off when J-Lo mashes her mother-in-laws face into a cake.

There is a weird bond that happens with mothers and their boys. My oldest brother has the best wife. My sister-in-law is great, patient, loving and one of the kindest women and she is great with their children. But I think she had a hard way to go initially when it came to my mother and now they are cool as peas in a pod. In talking to my sister-in-law over the weekend I think she put it best when she said my soon to be mother-in-law is just “pissing on a fire hydrant”. And that is exactly what she is doing, trying to mark her territory with me. She also suggested that we move out of state quick fast and in a hurry. LOL


Happy Dreams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home