Bmore's Thoughts

Friday, June 01, 2007

Hooked

As many of you I too have a Starbucks addiction. But I consider my addiction a good one – my crack is tea. In the winter it’s a venti Zen or Green Ginger and in the summer its venti black iced tea.

So a little over a week ago a lady decided to run her car into the front of my Starbucks near the love shack. This is the one I always go to when I am home, although the one near my job I frequent more often I love them both the same. So when I heard of this horrific accident my first thought was “now where the hell am I to go and get my tea this weekend?” How the hell she managed to do this is still unclear to me, but I am glad she didn’t seriously hurt anyone.

I personally prefer the Starbucks store then the ones located inside the grocery store or bookstore. Does that make me a Starbucks snob? So, I could drive 25-30 minutes out of the way or I could just go to Barnes and Noble and get my tea. But will they shake my tea the right way? I decided to go by the usual spot, just to look and see what the damage was. SURPRISE SURPRISE they are open!!!!! I love me some Starbucks, they quickly put a temporary wall up and was back in business.


Starbucks rules and I owe this addiction to my sister in law!!! Love her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lu said...

Ok, I AGREE 100% about going to the store versus a Starbucks in Target, Barnes Nobles, or where ever else. Case in point: My mom had surgery, and I found out that the hospital had a Starbucks (YOO HOO!!!!) So I go and order my (usual) grande, 180 degree, no fat, no foam latte and the cashier gets completely stuck. She looks like a deer caught in headlights. So I repeat it, slower and she STILL gets it wrong. So I turn to the barrista and repeat (now for the 3rd time) my order, and they still can't get it right! Every step of the way, she's verifying what she's doing is right. EVEN DOWN TO THE NO FOAM! I had to tell her to take the foam off!!!! HOW DARE YOU! I was so irritated that I wanted to cancel my order, leave the hospital, get in my car, and drive to the Starbucks a couple blocks down the road just because I knew we spoke the same language.

That was a tramatic experience. It almost made me forget the reason I was at the hospital in the first place (at least for that second). I'm mad someone drove into that Starbucks though! How'd she manage that?

Well, I can vouch for the one in Food Lion (closer to the love shack if it hasn't moved). That's where I went every morning before work.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home