Bmore's Thoughts

Monday, June 11, 2007

So Much To Share

I have so much to share, where should I begin?

Lets start with my 30th birthday celebration. The fiancée planned the best surprise for me (which is hard for anyone to do) we went to New York for the weekend to see the Color Purple. That play was so damn good, I was nervous about seeing Fantasia because I can’t stand her speaking voice. But this girl did a wonderful job, no an amazing job as Sealy. I even cried toward the end of the play. It was awesome to say the least. I was a little surprised about the added part of Sealy and Sug living together as if they were lovers. I didn’t remember that from the movie but I did pick up the book and will be reading it soon. They whole weekend was great, we stayed in a wonderfully plush hotel right in the Time Square area. I feel really great about turning 30. I love that my man spoils me rotten.

Next topic – 2nd bridal fitting. Well I went in there dreading this fitting. You see I haven’t been working out and I have been eating everything in sight. So I told them going in the I had gained weight and that they better not let that dress out because I have 3 months and I will be losing that 5 I gained plus some. So my Russian dress make comes in with my gown and says, “I wont zip it all the way up”. Okay that pissed me off and motivated me at the same time. Needless to say the dress still zips up it just fits a little tighter then before. My goal is to get down to a size 8. And I believe it will be done!

This weekend I also did some other wedding planning with my mother (which is always interesting). We were looking for stationary for the programs and she had us on a wild goose chance all over Baltimore. Which lead to a wonderful blessing. I used to work at a jewelry store and this is the same place the fiancée and I purchased our rings from. So since I was in the area I decided to stop by and drool over a ring I want and just look around. So the owner’s wife offered me some jewelry for my wedding day. Can you believe that? Just out the blue, like she had been reading my mind. I have been looking for something to wear and not spend a lot of money. This was a completely unexpected and wonderful offer.


So the wedding is about 118 days away. And I am so excited!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lu said...

awe! I'm glad you took your 30th better than I did.

I remember a part in the movie where Shug and Sealy (sp) lived together, when they were selling the girl pants! lol. The movie doesn't show them being intimate, but I guess that was to keep the drama down or maybe I'm getting the scenes out of order. At any rate- I really need to go to NY to see that play

9:46 AM  
Blogger 44Black said...

About 118 days away? Nice estimate. Can you keep the jewelry?

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home