Bmore's Thoughts

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Dress Shopping #2

So over the weekend I went back out looking for dresses. I had two appointments lined up and they both went fairly well. Two of my bridesmaids were with me and I have known both since college and I knew that I could get honest opinions from both.

To give you all a little background before I got engaged I found this dress I loved online, but the dress wasn’t sold anywhere locally. I didn’t feel comfortable just ordering it online and hoping that it fit. So I found a collection that had something very similar. I will come back to this in a few.

My first stop was a nice experience. Although I didn’t see anything that I fell in love with, left with a few possibles but nothing defiant. And one sales associate was more interested in my boots than pointing me in the right direction for wedding dress. So my girl with the keen since of personalities concluded that the young lady helping me dates a black man. She was young and very nice, even joined in on our little jokes and such.

The second shop was interesting in several ways. First it was the minorities in the back that I ran into as I used the ladies room. I came back telling my girls “this may be some type of sweat shop”. They seemed scared to speak when I smiled and said good afternoon. Then there was the biracial young lady that was also trying on dresses, whose mother was clearly white and grandbaby that was clearly black. So my sales associate wanted to know if this young lady was adopted. I was shocked. Especially when I came out the dressing room to over hear her asking them was that her real mother. Then there was the sales associate that started to become a little too comfortable with me and began to bad mouth another bridal boutique that I went too and she use to work for.

And through all that, I ended up finding a dress very similar to the one I found online that I loved. It was the first dress I tried on and didn’t want to try any others. My girlfriends quickly told me I would be trying on more. Between the first two I think I have found my dress. Combining some elements of each I think I am in love with a dress, which I have not felt for any others. My only issue is justifying the expense of the dress. This dress will have me way over what I budgeted to spend, but it’s the only one that I fell in love with so far.

What should I do just get it and cut money from somewhere else or keep looking?


P.S. Give me advice soon I am going back Friday so my mother can see it. Oh and I believe both ladies that helped me where straight. Although the second lady touch me a lot. Hmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home