Bmore's Thoughts

Friday, October 20, 2006

Dress Shopping #3

Please keep me in prayer. I am going back this weekend to two places that I found dresses that I really really like. It’s just going to be my mother and me on these visits.

Now when I was telling her the price of these dresses she got very quiet, which is her way of nonverbally saying that I am spending too much. So I am not sure what her reaction will be once she sees me in these dresses. I really would like to see her get excited about this but she is very guarded with her emotions.

I say keep me in prayer because I would like for this to be a very special mother daughter moment and not a huge fight over money. I don’t want her to worry about the money aspect I want her to see her only daughter in a beautiful gown and give her honest opinion.

The Fiancée and I knew going into this we would be paying for this wedding ourselves so if I am not worried about that money then she shouldn’t be either. Well I am a little worried because it’s more then I planned on spending but I love the dress and I think that is how I should feel about my wedding gown. Not just buy something that is just okay just because it’s cheaper.

It sound like I have made my mind up doesn’t it? WRONG! I still have no clue what I am going to do but I am going to make a decision real soon.

Also this weekend is our engagement dinner. We are not having anything real formal. It’s just our families and basically the bridal party. The Fiancée’s mother already made a comment about not getting an invitation, which I sent in the mail along with everyone else’s. So lets hope that all goes well at the dinner. Really pray on this, because my mother and his mother are like oil and water, they don’t mix, at all. This is going to be real interesting evening. And I am assuming I can’t be drunk while trying to get through it. Or can I?


344 days to go and counting

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well????????????
How'd everything go? I'm curious!!!! :)

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has the dress dilemma been resolved? If so, which one did you pick? If not, let me know if you want some more help...

MP

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home