Bmore's Thoughts

Monday, November 06, 2006

I Wear a Mask


I wear a mask.

I walk around looking put together for the most part. I have a pretty good job, I have a great Fiancée, I am involved in church, and I have great friends. To look at me you would never believe the screwed up family issues I have.

I wear a mask.

What I hear is that this is supposed to be one of the happiest times of my life. Planning a wedding and preparing for marriage life. Well for me it is the source of the greatest internal struggle I think I have ever experienced. And I am not happy.

I wear a mask.

I smile all pretty when anyone asks me about my wedding. How are the plans going? I smile and say they are going great. When in the back of my mind I think eloping is sounding better and better. Only the two most important people need to be there, the Fiancée and me. Right?

I wear a mask.


Only 327 more days to go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWE! Sounds like u need a drink...But your last statement is so PROFOUND! I've told you once before, and I'll say it again: If anyone has issues, tell them to keep it to themselves. This is about you and "the thing" :) Any nothing else matters- you deserve happiness, and it's sad that you've got a struggle going on. But I guess that's why they made up the term BRIDE-zillas!!!!!!!!!
Do your thang girl, I got your back :)

4:44 PM  
Blogger 44Black said...

Word!!!! I hope things get better. I'm here if you need me!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home