Bmore's Thoughts

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

New Technology

The Fiancée and me got new phones. We were with Nextel and as we all know they SUCK. So the Fiancée’s contract was up but mine isn’t for another few months. So Nextel has been calling him trying to get him to resign a contract and give him a new phone for free blah blah blah. Well guess what happens while he is on the phone with them. You guessed it, the call drops (as usual). We go to Verizon and switched networks and got new phones.

So I have this damn phone and I have some much trouble using it. Yes I know I just got the phone but in past I read the manual and I am up and running. This phone – I read the manual and I am still scratching my head. So I go to the website and go through the online tutorial service. Still a little confused but starting to see the light. There is also a cd-rom that comes with the phone. Maybe once I do that I will be up and rolling and calling.

But in the process of having my phone for three days I realize I cannot access the internet like I was told I could. I take it to the store they check it and say call data support. Which I do, I spend 50 minutes on the phone with data support all for her to say I need to do a hard reset. I call back to the store and check with them, making sure I don’t lose all my contact information. They have been very nice and say they can back my information up and reinstall after the hard reset. Cool beans.

So after my exercise class I go back up to the store I made the original purchase because they are expecting me at the technical support window. Explain everything to the gentlemen, he takes my phone looks at it, takes the battery out (which I had done earlier) and looks at me and says, “you want a hard reset”?

I am at the technical support window, right?

So I respond nicely “yes data support suggested a hard reset and since my information is not back up yet I needed for you to pull all my contacts out reset the damn phone and put my contacts back in”. His reply “ I don’t know how to do a hard reset on a Q”

What in the sam hell is going on here?

Needles to say I still have this new piece of machinery that I don’t fully understand how to use, but I refuse to let the “Q” beat me. I will beat the “Q” (or slam it into a wall and get an easier phone to use).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home